I’m not the only one raising concerns about how difficult it will be to effectively implement carbon management software systems. Debby Lloyd of EcoSearch does a pretty good job here: (see link for full list)
- Who has got responsibility for delivery of these solutions across the business – come to that are people thinking “cross business solution” or are they thinking “solve just my problem”?
- Solutions that fall across a number of areas take some digging to find where overall responsibility lie.
- Long, laborious scoping out of solutions that have to go through a myriad of sign offs.
- Prospects are underestimating the complexity and reality of the legislation coming down the pipe – there could be some expensive mis-selling and retrofitting going on.
- Interfaces with existing data systems – other environmental management software, HR software, facilities management software – what about communication with outsourced functions and partners?
- Software players –are you underestimating the amount of handholding needed to put these products into play?