Since carbon management systems rely on collecting reliable data, several questions arise:
- What data are available on natural resource use in organizations (water, gas, heat, etc.)?
- What is the form are these data (paper, electronic feeds, etc.)?
- If they are in paper form, who inputs the data and into what sort of system?
- How do the various systems that hold various types of data speak to one another?
- What is the cost of this data collection, for enhanced data collection, and who pays it?