- leverages social media to shape attitudes about the importance of the environment and climate change and inform decision making,
- uses sophisticated workflows and business processes embedded in software to track carbon in organizations and inform reductions,
- automates tracking and visualization of individual carbon footprints anytime, anywhere to inform sustainability actions,
- aggregates environmental data in visualizations that make the intangible tangible,
- uses effective heuristics to suggest energy efficiency actions,
- embraces tensions between the environment, corporate profit objectives, and human rights to develop better solutions to important problems,
- employs human-centered approaches such as design thinking to develop sustainability e-services that people want to use.
Is your organization practicing Sustainability 2.0?