Fujitsu’s Green Policy 2020 has three themes: 1) benefit customers and society; 2) pursue internal reforms, and 3) preserve biodiversity. Included in internal reforms is a GHG commitment of reducing total greenhouse gas emissions associated with manufacturing globally to 6% below FY1990 levels by end of FY2012 (CO2: 5% reduction, other greenhouse gases: 20% reduction).
Regarding carbon management, Fujitsu uses Greenstone’s Acco2 product to:
- Gather data efficiently for a wide range of emission sources.
- Consolidate all carbon emission data in one centralised repository.
- Analyse carbon emissions across the organisation and compare the performance of different business operations.
- Conduct scenario planning for future carbon reductions.
- Generate bespoke reports. [more]
It would be interesting to know what drove the decision to focus on GHG associated with manufacturing (e.g., what percentage of overall GHG emissions are included in this business activity?).