A recent Pike Research study finds that:
- 61 percent of Telco capital expenditures will be on sustainable infrastructure by 2016
- This represents a $194 billion market.
- 65% of this investment will be in mobile networks
- Drivers include: GHG reduction commitments, falling cost of opening base stations run on clean energy, efforts to minimize rising energy prices.
- Energy efficiency enablers include: improvements to RF amplifiers, switches, network architectures and topologies and fresh air cooling.
- GHG impacts: reductions of 5.6 percent to 251 million tons of carbon dioxide equivalent by 2016
I want my “clean” 4G…